Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm taking over!

Apparently Kasey felt like she was stepping on my toes with the blog, so I'm going to have to take over and do this myself! I'm not a picture taker, and even if I was our computer's memory card reader is broken, but I'll try to live up to Kasey's high standards. I love Kasey's "blog philosophy", if you will. She thinks of her blog as a way to chronicle her children's life for them. She has the blogs bound into a beautiful book that they will have when they're older. I hope my kids will look back on this blog the same way someday!


So as I said, I don't have any pictures right now to make this an interesting entry, so I'll keep it short. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and the babies are finally big enough to be able to clearly distinguish the one heartbeat from the other! This is exciting because for a while it was hard for them to tell what they were hearing, and often had a hard time finding Baby A's heartbeat, so it was an emotionally draining experience every time I went to the doctor's! This time, it took no more than 30 seconds to get 2 very distinct, strong, healthy heartbeats to reassure this very nervous mother to be!

They also let me know that my belly is measuring 30 weeks, which is perfect for twins even though I'm only 20 weeks. In the beginning of the pregnancy, given my high blood pressure and the likelihood of preterm labor with a twin pregnancy, they told me that I'd most likely be on bed rest by 20 weeks, but I'm still going strong and doing just fine at work! In fact, I'm in that wonderful 2nd trimester where sometimes I could even forget I was pregnant if not for the constant movement I can feel in my belly... and believe me, it's constant! I think they coordinate so that one of them is always awake and kicking, and at this point there is nothing more exciting to me! I don't feel that big, but sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, or look at pictures and do a double take! I'm HUGE!




So I said I'd keep this short and I've now rambled on for 3 paragraphs! Tim and I are going to look for condos tomorrow night, I can't wait to start getting a nursery ready, so say a prayer that we find something!!


P.S. I noticed that the poll has closed and it looks like the favored name for Baby Girl is Charlotte. I don't think I ever agreed to the results being binding, but I do like it a lot!

3 comments:

  1. Oh - You are so much better at this than me! I love hearing every detail so don't leave anything out! I love you and Brendan and Charlotte - let's do another poll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to vote for Addy, but it blocked me out for some reason...any name you choose will be beautiful! Sooo excited to see you in April, in early May, in late May and in August...OMG:-)
    Just a quick fyi-if anyone tries to call Charlotte SHAR for short, I will whoop them immediately...the only person who should ever be called Shar is K-Fed's ex...just saying:-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I met the sweetest little girl once and her nickname was Charlie. I thought it was so cute

    ReplyDelete