Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Lawrence Genes

How cute is this baby? Well you guessed it - this is a picture of Tim when he was a baby. I have to say - I have never seen him with hair so I was a little concerned - I mean, picture Tim with a boatload of curly black hair - it just seems odd! But this - this is a gorgeous baby. Tim's baby picture almost reminds me a bit of Meg when she was a baby - these are going to be some gorgeous twins!

This is Tim at age 5 - how cute is he. I love the sweet little smile - at one time he didn't mind pictures so much from what I can tell. Now it's like pulling teeth to get a smile when there is a camera around!

Mom Lawrence was kind enough to indulge me in lots of family pictures via FaceBook - she is so hip!
This is Tim's brother Danny - you can't really see it in the pictures but Tim and his brother both have gorgeous blue eyes so I'm thinking that Babies Lawrence are destined for dreamy blue eyes!

Tim's sister, Sarah - I love the funky sweater and the pig tails. I can't believe how much she looks like Tim in these pictures - I have to say the resemblance is hard to see now that they are adults.
This one is my favorite - the three kids all dressed up for pictures! Is that Tim in a suit?

So as you can see the babies have some pretty great genetics on both sides - what I should have checked into was what kind of sleepers they all were because that is what is going to be important soon!

Baby development update
Lungs


At 23 weeks pregnant, each baby's lungs are preparing to breathe. The babies produces surfactant, which allows the air sacs in the lungs to inflate. It also keeps their lungs from sticking together or collapsing when they deflate.

Appearance

Brendan and Lila's skin is still wrinkly and red by the end of 23 weeks. Their skin will become less translucent and fat is produced increasingly this week also. The babies weigh approximately one pound and are approximately eight to eleven inches long.

Hearing

Brendan and Lila will be able to hear better and better and at 23 weeks will be able to hear loud noises. They will probably react to loud noises like the vacuum or car horns. The Mayo clinic recommends singing and talking to the babies so they recognize voices of people close to them when they are born. We want them to actually want to come out so certain people may be asked to refrain from singing to them for safety reasons! You know who you are!
 
That's it for now - We love you, Babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment