Friday, April 2, 2010

Week 20 - more beautiful everyday!

I may not be objective but I truly think that Meg gets more beautiful every single day as her belly gets bigger and her smile gets wider. The belly is halfway to 40 weeks (a full pregnancy) and the twins are making themselves known. I underestimated the time it would take to keep 2 blogs up and get ready for Easter so the posts have not been as frequent as I had hoped! That being said this is a 2 post day so enjoy!

Meg was in her scrubs so I lent her a shirt to take some belly pictures. I love belly pictures in black and white and even after an eight hour shift Meg looked gorgeous!
The Baby Belly - 20 weeks.
The twins now weigh roughly around 9 - 13 ounces and are 6 1/2 inches head to rump. If you stretched them out they would each be around 10 inches - the size of a banana.
The babies swallow alot to prepare for digestion and are starting to produce Merconium. It will build up in their intestines until they have
their first bowel movement within 8 hours of birth.


Molly is not a kid who loves to touch baby bellies. She is thrilled about the babies - just as she was about her sisters but she just does not love touching bellies and feeling the babies kick. She did take a minute to say hi to the babies and bond with them.


Molly girl hugging the babies!



Peter, on the other hand, loves baby bellies! He always had his hands on my belly when I was pregnant and when given the chance to feel Auntie Meg's babies he jumped at it! He rubbed it all over and talked to the babies so that they will know him. He says everyday that he can't wait to get to hold a boy baby! Peter wrote a letter to the babies so he is going to be my first guest blogger some time this week! Very sweet how much he loves his new little cousins.

Peter bonding with the babies!

I'm pretty sure that someday Meg will thank me for documenting these months carrying the twins. It is pretty amazing to see them grow and change from the outside - it will be even better when we can see them grow in person.
Goodnight, Sweet babies! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Meg!!! I'm a little choked up right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the doctor and they said my belly is measuring at 30 weeks, which is perfect for twins, but I cannot believe how HUGE i look in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete